Location: Arlington, VA
Requisition #: 6-DP-33-16
CENTRA Technology, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Desktop Publisher.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI clearance are absolutely required.
Desktop Publisher is to provide desktop publishing and production activities primarily in support of Federal proposal responses. The candidate will interact with proposal management, proposal consultants, graphic designers, technical subject matter experts, internal IT and others to ensure the final output is of the highest quality. The candidate is required to meet tight turnaround times and work extra hours to meet proposal deadlines as necessary and be willing to work varied shifts if needed.
Primary tasks include:
- Review solicitations to ensure full understanding of relevant response submission requirements.
- Perform desktop publishing in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat to ensure proposal documents are formatted in accordance with solicitation requirements.
- Design compliant response templates according to solicitation requirements and are easy to read and visually appealing.
- Work with authors to ensure they know how to best use the templates.
- Format and incorporate proposal input from multiple authors or reviewers.
- Ensure final versions of graphics are inserted into final proposal documents.
- Prepare all review and final proposal documents in hard copy and electronic in Microsoft Word and, if required, convert to Adobe Acrobat.
- Work with proposal management, technical staff, and graphics to develop proposal covers, spines, CD covers, and other proposal graphics.
- Prepare proposal related documents such as kickoff meeting presentations, proposal-specific style guides, and review team instructions.
- Perform print production and ready the electronic and/or physical delivery.
- Ensure production resources are stocked, organized, and operational to support production schedules and needs.
- Assist in the reproduction and binding/packaging of all proposal volumes.
- Assist in final package (white glove) review.
- Maintain a logical and searchable central knowledge repository of proposals and proposal content.
- Works closely with proposal manager.
- Develop Corporate and Division marketing materials.
- Support Division-level programs as needed.
- Assist in preparation of contract deliverables and conference/meeting materials.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience using Microsoft Word.
- Minimum 4 years of proposal specific desktop publishing using Microsoft Word.
- Must be thoroughly proficient (expert level) in Microsoft Word and intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Possess an excellent command of the English language, including grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to develop simple graphics such as organizational charts and flow diagrams in PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be flexible and agile to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Must offer reasonable schedule flexibility to meet proposal requirements.
Additional Comments (Include anticipated non-standard offer requirements):
- Hours: 8 hours daily/M-F
- Location: Arlington, VA
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator to create graphics a plus.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. CENTRA Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com. Please reference job code 6-DP-33-16 in the subject line.
Interested candidates should apply using the button below.Apply Now